Bargain Auto Parts
Better Fuel Economy (MPG) Tips
2. Use Synthetic Oil in Your Engine. Yes it does cost more. You can offset the cost by changing your oil every 7,000 to 9,000 miles. Shell Rotella-T Synthetic 5w40 is the best bargain, plus it is made to run 25,000 miles in semi-trucks. In your normal car it will increase your gas mileage 2-5 mpg and give you a little more power. The best deal for Shell Rotella-T Synthetic is buying gallon jugs at Wal-Mart. Royal Purple, Amsoil, and Mobile-1 are good too, but cost more. If you drive a big 4x4 SUV or pickup, using synthetic gear oil in the transfer case and differentials can really boot mpg!
3. Buy your gasoline in the morning. During the heat of the day, the ground tempurature is higher and the above ground equipment is warmer. A 25 degree tempurature swing from early morning to late afternoon can result in a 4% to 6% expansion in gasoline volume. Buying you gas in the morning could be like getting your fuel 20 cents per gallon cheaper.
4. Burn water with gasoline. This is not as crazy as it sounds. You can set up a small unit under your hood to convert water to HHO (Browns Gas). The HHO is sucked into your air intake and burned with gasoline. It cost less than $200 for the equipment and it is easy to install yourself. This is a simple hydrogen on demand system. There are claims of 200% MPG fuel increase. I took a chance with my gas hogging 1995 Chevy G20 V8 van that gets 16 MPG highway. After the full installation I got 22 MPG highway. Since the water is free, I did get a 40% increase in my highway gas MPG. No; I did't get a 200% increase, but my results were still amazing. I hear that on smaller engine cars, the HHO unit does not work as well as the computer brain will adjust to make the engine run rich. This site with videos, tells all about burning water with gas.
5. Disconnect your air conditioner. You can leave it disconnected for 9 months out of the year. You disconnect it by unplugging the wires that attach to the condenser pump. On most cars the air conditioning pump will engage when you turn on the defrost. On some newer cars with climate control, the unit will turn on whenever it wants to. With the air conditioner off, you can experience up to 20% better mpg. Driving with your windows down on warmer days does not use the extra fuel as once believed. During the dog days of summer, you can hook up your air again.
6. Change your engine air filter every year during the fall. In the spring and summer months your air filter will plug with dust and pollen. Pollen is bad because it is sticky. No sense driving your car through the fall and winter months with a plugged air cleaner. A more restrictive airflow will cause your engine to run rich and use more fuel.
7. Make sure you car is tuned up so it is running great. Your automatic transmission can waste fuel if it is not working perfect. If you have never had your ATF changed, do it now! The ATF put in at the factory is junk compared to top brands like Pennzoil, Chevron, or Quaker State.
8. Keep your car clean. If you hang out at a major airport, you always see the jumbo jets getting washed. Keeping the jets clean has proven to save millions of gallons of fuel each year. A cleaner car has less wind resistance and will save fuel on longer trips. Also clean all the junk out of your car. Every 100 pounds of extra payload can cost you up to 2 mpg!
9. Change your driving habits. Drive like Grandpa. Go easy on the gas pedal and easy on the brakes. Change the amount of stops in your route. Sometimes you will use less fuel driving a longer or slower route to work insted of a short route with many traffic lights. If you do drive like a grandpa to save fuel, your car engine and catalytic converter could start to get carbon buildup. So once a month you need to really get on the gas for about 20 seconds to blow it out. Watch out for the cops!
10. Custom Accessories can really hurt your gas mileage. Avoid wide tires, airfoil wings, extra body plastic (ground effects) and luggage racks. The only add-on that really helps mpg is a better flowing exhaust system. A Cherry Bomb type glass-pack muffler replacement works great, plus it sounds cool.
11. Limit gas station shopping. Driving across town to save 5 cents on a gallon of gasoline is stupid. If you buy 10 gallons, you just used 75 cents in gas to save 50 cents on your fuel purchase. STUPID!
12. Buy a higher MPG car! This is not a crazy idea. You can pay for a nice and newer car with the money you will save on gas. Your old beater has got some value, so sell it and get a nicer ride. This is the quickest and most simple way to save money on fuel.
RCBS Reloading Equipment Supplies Lyman
Increase your gas mileage up to 175%. Free gasoline increase MPG tips. I got up to 62 mpg in my Toyota Corolla, and 28 miles per gallon in my Chevy G20 van. hydrogen on demand, HHO Browns Gas, Free tips and tricks to increase gas fuel mpg and get higher and better fuel economy. Increase mpg, better mpg, increase gas mileage, better fuel economy, higher mpg tricks, gasoline miles per gallon, better gas mileage. Best Linux Puppy OpenSuse Based Distribution
Car Parts store auto accessories Chevy Impala Ford Explorer Chevrolet truck part Chevy Cavalier SSR Beretta Corsica G20 G30 K1500 Z71 C1500 1/2 ton Monte Carlo SS Z28 Camaro RS Sherrod Conversion van Caprice Classic Toyota Camry Corolla Tundra Tacoma 4runner Highlander Land Cruiser, Buy trucks Honda Accord Civic Pilot Passport, Hyundai Accent Elantra, Nissan Altima Maxima Sentra Pathfinder, BMW 325i 530i X5, Jaguar XJ6, Mercedes Benz C230 C280 300E, Mazda 6 323 626, Subaru Outback Forester Legacy, Buick LeSabre, Lucerne, Skylark, Chevy Impala Malibu 2009 Equinox Uplander minivan 07 Corvette Chevrolet Trailblazer SUV 08 Tahoe 4x4 Suburban Chevy HHR 09 Camaro SS Aveo 2007 Avalanche Cobalt 2008 Silverado Duramax diesel 1500 HD 2500 HD 3500HD online view inventory search 2009 Impala. Blazer S10 pickup ZR2 4 wheel drive Lumina LTZ Park Avenue, GMC Sierra, Yukon, Ford F150 Taurus Mustang Ford Focus Fusion Crown Victoria 500 Explorer Expedition, Kia low cost Dodge Ram Pickup Durango Dodge Charger Intrepid Neon Dakota, Cadillac Deville De Ville CTS STS Escalade EXT Chrysler PT Cruiser Town & Country van Buy discount Pontiac Grand Am Grand Prix G6 GTO, Olds Oldsmobile Alero Intrigue Aurora 88, automotive classified ads Mitsubishi Eclispe
Chinese ATV Motorcycles Classic Toyota FJ40 Land-Cruiser 4x4 For Sale Christmas Toys For Sale Boys Girls Sport Bike Cheap Tires 160/60ZR17 Inexpensive Mens Suits Black Auto special financing bad credit Car Loans low interest rate
Glock Classic Jeep CJ Military Willys MB Video games consoles Foreclosure Houses Middletown Hamilton OH Lebanon Real Estate Vintage Cycle Parts Hyster Forklifts Clark Yale Cat Accessories and Auto Parts Commercial Box Trucks Utility Buy Antiques Flea Market Sewing machines quilting Metal Detectors Shoes Store Rolls Royce Bentley Best Linux Distro LXDE XFCE Airplanes Helicopters hosting